Serves 4-6 depending on how you slice the cabbage.
This simple recipe is a perfect side dish. This recipe calls for Savoy cabbage, but any type of cabbage should work. Note, however, that different types of cabbage will give you a different taste.
- Full head of Savoy cabbage (or your favorite type of cabbage)
- Cracked pepper
- Clean the cabbage head and slice into quarters or however many slices you would like. A slice is a serving so make sure the slices are big enough.
- Very carefully add the slices to a pot of boiling water (enough to cover the cabbage and leave the slices whole.
- Once cooked to where it is done (still a bit of a pressure when lightly stuck with a fork) remove from water carefully and add to plate.
- Put a good sized pat of butter on each slice so it melts over the cabbage slice
- Sprinkle pepper on each slice